Membership has its privileges! Your full membership with Austin Figure Skating Club includes:
- The ability to:
- Test at U.S. Figure Skating-sponsored test sessions
- Compete at U.S. Figure Skating-sanctioned events
- Participate in U.S. Figure Skating qualifying events
- Represent your club at regional, sectional and national events
- Participate in all sanctioned events
- Benefits of membership also include:
- Certificates of accomplishment for passing proficiency tests and placing at U.S. Figure Skating qualifying events
- Subscription to SKATING magazine
- Individually numbered membership card
- Coverage under U.S. Figure Skating’s sports accident insurance policy
- Special offers and discounts from U.S. Figure Skating corporate partners
Join the club
Our membership year runs from July 1st through June 30th, and registration for the following year is available starting on June 1st, for the season starting on July 1st. Our membership fees are not prorated when you join “late” into the skating season,
If you or your skater has never been a member of U.S. Figure skating through a member club or as an individual member, you are eligible for a discounted bridge membership. If you aren’t sure if you have been a full member of USFS before, our membership chair can look up that information for you, all that is needed is your name and date of birth.
If you were previously a member of U.S. Figure skating through a member club or as an individual member, but can’t remember your membership number to apply to be part of Austin FSC, our membership chair can look up that information for you.
If your skater is currently enrolled in Learn to Skate USA classes, our Junior Club program may be a better option than paying for full membership. Junior Club will provide your skater with social skating events alongside our full member skaters in the fall, as well as other social events and the opportunity to represent Austin FSC in competitions throughout the rest of the year. Full membership is recommended when your skater is ready to take USFS tests starting at the pre-preliminary level.
AFSC Membership Form for 2018-19 (for new and renewing members)